Apprentice Registration “To-Do List”
Before a company registers an apprentice for the Connecticut Glass Dealers Association State Approved Flat Glass Curriculum the company must:
State Registration Process:
1. Fill out and mail in The Connecticut Department of Labor Application for Apprentice Sponsor. (Form AT2 Below)
2. Once The Connecticut Department of Labor Application for Apprentice Sponsor is processed by the state the Department of Labor will have a site visit and interview the company.
3. If the company is approved the company may then self register all apprentices that work for the company.
4. A company can self register by completely filling out the five form apprentice registration agreement and sending it back to the Department of Labor. The forms will include a payment to the state of $50 by the apprentice and $60 by the employer for each apprentice. (See Below for Link to State Forms)
5. The state will send you a packet of information, including the apprentice handbook to log their hours.
CGDA Flat Glass curriculum Registration Process:
Fill out the registration form and mail it to the CGDA, 701 Hebron Avenue, 3rd Floor, Glastonbury, CT 06033, with the correct payment amount. The CGDA will register the apprentice for the state taught classes.
You will receive a conformation and informational letter addressed to the apprentice at the company address.
CGDA is currently not offering an auto glass program.
Please contact Auto Glass Safety Council for more information.
As most of you know, the CGDA offers Apprenticeship Training as a benefit to our membership exclusively. If the CGDA were to offer this training program to non-members, the CGDA would have to become a “private occupational school”.
The State of CT law, Chapter 185, Sec. 10a-22a clearly states that a “private occupational school shall not include instruction conducted by a firm or organization solely for the training of its own employees or members”.